Re: Return of PENDING status to SCSI driver

On Mon, 15 Jun 2009, Ramya Desai wrote:

> I already have an array length of 10 for the bellow members.
>        struct scsi_cmnd        *srb;            /* current srb         */
>        unsigned int            tag;              /* current dCBWTag     */
>
> I am maintaining an internal queue for the commands.
> My main problem is , I am not getting the next command in my USB
> storage driver ( My custom) , until the first command is done.

When you say "first command", do you mean the _very first_ command sent
to the device (an INQUIRY command)?  Or are referring to READ(10)
commands in general?

> How can I get the next command, while processing the first command?

You can't.  Linux never sends any other commands to a SCSI device until
the first INQUIRY is complete.

But you should be getting multiple READ(10) commands.

Alan Stern