Re: Return of PENDING status to SCSI driver

On 6/15/09, Alan Stern <stern@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Mon, 15 Jun 2009, Boaz Harrosh wrote:
>
>  > >> If you are using the existing USB mass storage infrastructure then
>  > >>  it will not work. This is because all commands are issued from a
>  > >>  thread per host, which does a synchronous execution of one command
>  > >>  at a time. In fact it does not even have a Q, but a global one cmnd
>  > >>  pointer per host. And therefor sets can_queue to 1.
>  > >>
>  > >>  Are you using the existing USB infrastructure?
>  > >>
>  > >>
>  > >>  Boaz
>  > >>
>  > > I am replacing the default USB mass storage driver with the one I am
>  > > developing. But I am using the default SCSI and USB stack provided by
>  > > Linux.
>  > >
>  > > So is there any another way to make my driver asynchronous?
>  > >
>  > > -RD
>  >
>  > I was afraid so.
>  >
>  > There is a lot of code you will need to change in current USB storage stack
>  > SCSI is built with native support for queuing, but not so USB-storage-stack.
>

> Boaz:
>
>  It looks like you didn't read Ramya's reply to your last message.
>  Ramya isn't keeping the USB storage "stack" -- it is being replaced by
>  a new driver -- so there's no point talking about making changes to it.
>

>  Alan Stern

I already have an array length of 10 for the bellow members.
       struct scsi_cmnd        *srb;            /* current srb         */
       unsigned int            tag;              /* current dCBWTag     */

I am maintaining an internal queue for the commands.
My main problem is , I am not getting the next command in my USB
storage driver ( My custom) , until the first command is done.
How can I get the next command, while processing the first command?

-Ramya