RE: No carrier lost information with gadget RNDIS/ECM

Hi Peter,

>> > Do you have any components at VBUS?
>>
>> There were ESD protection diodes that connected D+/D- with VBUS.  We
>> removed those from the PCB and the problem is gone meaning VBUS
>> discharges as expected, the controller runtime-suspends and ultimately
>> systemd-networkd reports a lost carrier.
>> Those diodes haven't been a problem with 4.9, though. Did something change here?
>> I superficially looked at SRP, HNP and ADP, but nothing caught my eye...
>>

> You need to disable OTG stuffs at dts if OTG and OTG_FSM are enabled at configuration.
> See below:
>
> 655 &usbotg1 {
> 656         vbus-supply = <&reg_usb_otg1_vbus>;
> 657         pinctrl-names = "default";
> 658         pinctrl-0 = <&pinctrl_usb_otg1_id>;
> 659         srp-disable;
> 660         hnp-disable;
> 661         adp-disable;
> 662         status = "okay";
> 663 };
>
> Is it available to share your USB part schematic?

We have decided to create a hardware revision. Things like the "USB Plugged-In Detector" that drive DP and DN high will charge up VBUS in our current design and are likely one of the (if not "the") contributing factors to the issue. I will ping back when we have the necessary components to test.

Thanks for your help, Peter!

Cheers,
Kai