No carrier lost information with gadget RNDIS/ECM

Hi,

On my i.MX6 SoloX, I have configured one of the OTG ports for a combined RNDIS/ECM gadget. After boot, I have two network interfaces (usb0 and usb1) which are managed by systemd-networkd.

With kernel 4.9.153, systemd-networkd reports an immediate carrier loss when I pull the USB cable from a Windows or macOS host. With 4.19.53 or 5.1.15 that carrier loss is only reported when I re-attach the cable, meaning there is a "Lost carrier" for the last used interface immediately followed by a "Gained carrier" for the newly connected interface.

I have activated CONFIG_USB_GADGET_DEBUG_FILES, and the contents of /proc/driver/rndis-000 don't change when I pull the cable:
Config Nr. 0
used      : y
state     : RNDIS_DATA_INITIALIZED
medium    : 0x00000000
speed     : 425984000
cable     : connected
vendor ID : 0x00000000
vendor    : (null)

Only when changing the host to a Mac, it's different:
Config Nr. 0
used      : y
state     : RNDIS_UNINITIALIZED
medium    : 0x00000000