RE: No carrier lost information with gadget RNDIS/ECM

Hi,

Peter Chen writes:
>> Peter Chen writes:
>>> That's very strange, that means the SoC doesn't know VBUS fails down
>>> after detaching from the host.
>>> You could measure the VBUS value at the board, then read the VBUS
>>> value at register to confirm it.
>>
>> I have put a scope on VBUS. With kernel 4.9 after detaching, it
>> discharges all the way down to about 500 mV, with 4.19 this
>> discharging stops after about 4 seconds at about 2.4V and remains there.
>>

> I suspect it is not related to USB, would you please disable USB node at DTS to measure again?

With USB disabled (&usbotg1 and &usbotg2), VBUS is available when I connect to the host and properly discharged when I disconnect.
I also tried the OTG's host mode yesterday. When I attach a Micro-B plug to A-receptable adapter (and no actual gadget), the GPIO-controlled regulator is turned on and drives VBUS. When I detach it and the board switches back to gadget, the regulator is turned off and VBUS is properly drained.

Cheers,
Kai