Re: dm9601 link loss

>>>>> "Alex" == Alex  <sud@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

 Alex> Hi, I have a couple of dm9601 usb ethernet adapters and have a problem

Please Cc on mails about the dm9601 driver, I normally only skim
linux-usb. The correct mailing list for usbnet drivers is btw
netdev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

 Alex> that can be reproduced this way:
 Alex> - Have device up.
 Alex> - Disconnect ethernet cable from device.
 Alex> - Try to tx a packet (an arp or ping will do the job).
 Alex> - Connect cable again.

I don't actually have access to dm9601 hw at the moment, but will try
to track down an adapter to look further into it. Could you in the
mean time uncomment the #define DEBUG at the top of dm9601.c and tell
me if the interrupt endpoint fires when you do the above? (E.G. do you
get "Link status is .." messages in dmesg?

 Alex> This has been discussed before, but i also made some tests:

It has? I don't remember anything about it.

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard