Re: Please help with powered USB hub problem

A: No.

http://daringfireball.net/2007/07/on_top

On Thu, Apr 30, 2009 at 08:35:24PM +0000, jack seth wrote:

> The controller is USB 2 (also the powered hub is usb 2).  However the
> printer only works (without the hub) with ohci.  Both the ehci and
> ohci modules are loaded.  I am not sure which module the USB hub is
> using, I assume ehci.  My external harddrive works fine through the
> hub.  Could it be because both the hub and the external harddrive are
> using ehci?  I am just trying to get something to go on here.

EHCI on the 2.4 kernel isn't the best, lots of things have been fixed in
the 6+ years since that came out.

Especially through a HUB, as you are finding out.  I would suggest
either not using the hub, or don't build in the ehci driver and rely on
the ohci driver instead.

good luck,

greg k-h