Please help with powered USB hub problem

I am feeling kinda desperate here.  I am running DD-WRT which is a third-party firmware for my linksys router.  It is running kernel version 2.4.37.  The problem I am having is that my printer is not being setup when it is connected to a powered USB hub.  It works fine if it is directly connected to the router.  This is the output I get:

hub.c: new USB device 01:02.2-2.5, assigned address 4
usb_control/bulk_msg: timeout
usb.c: Zero result from usb_control_msg, retrying (4)
usb_control/bulk_msg: timeout
usb.c: Zero result from usb_control_msg, retrying (3)
usb_control/bulk_msg: timeout
usb.c: Zero result from usb_control_msg, retrying (2)
usb_control/bulk_msg: timeout
usb.c: Zero result from usb_control_msg, retrying (1)
usb_control/bulk_msg: timeout
usb.c: Zero result from usb_control_msg, retrying (0)
usb.c: unable to get device descriptor (error=-145)

It used to work through the hub on build 11650 of dd-wrt, but hasn't worked since then.  I believe you can look at and/or download the source at 'http://svn.dd-wrt.com:8000/dd-wrt/timeline'
Please help me at least point the developers in the right direction to fix this.
If you need additional information please don't hesitate to ask.
Thanks!