Re: Please help with powered USB hub problem

On Thu, Apr 30, 2009 at 07:06:03PM +0000, jack seth wrote:

> I am feeling kinda desperate here.  I am running DD-WRT which is a
> third-party firmware for my linksys router.  It is running kernel
> version 2.4.37.  The problem I am having is that my printer is not
> being setup when it is connected to a powered USB hub.  It works fine
> if it is directly connected to the router.  This is the output I get:

Is this a USB 2.0 controller and device?  If so, can you try just using
the usb 1.1 controller (ohci or uhci)?

> hub.c: new USB device 01:02.2-2.5, assigned address 4
> usb_control/bulk_msg: timeout
> usb.c: Zero result from usb_control_msg, retrying (4)
> usb_control/bulk_msg: timeout
> usb.c: Zero result from usb_control_msg, retrying (3)
> usb_control/bulk_msg: timeout
> usb.c: Zero result from usb_control_msg, retrying (2)
> usb_control/bulk_msg: timeout
> usb.c: Zero result from usb_control_msg, retrying (1)
> usb_control/bulk_msg: timeout
> usb.c: Zero result from usb_control_msg, retrying (0)
> usb.c: unable to get device descriptor (error=-145)
>
> It used to work through the hub on build 11650 of dd-wrt, but hasn't
> worked since then.  I believe you can look at and/or download the
> source at 'http://svn.dd-wrt.com:8000/dd-wrt/timeline'
> Please help me at least point the developers in the right direction to fix this.
> If you need additional information please don't hesitate to ask.

2.4 kernels aren't really supported by the kernel community anymore, so
your ability to get support here is going to be very limited, sorry.

good luck,

greg k-h