Re: Error reading USB camera in BeagleBone with ARM Debian

Hi Joseph, Hi Bin,

I am currently investigating a bug with the BeagleBoneBlack (which also
uses the AM335x) and a Logitech Webcam, which might be connected.

I am using a Logitech C270 and if I set the format to YUYV and the
framesize to 544x288 or larger (including specifically 640x480), any
ioctl VIDIOC_DQBUF will hang indefinetely. This might be the underlying
source of the timeout Joseph encountered.

Joseph,

have you tried setting the camera to the lowest resolution it can go? If
low resolutions work, but higher ones, like 640x480 don't, we might be
chasing the same problem. If not, I will look into my problem separately
and open a new thread.

Bin,

my case happened using ISOC transfers, but my preliminary investigation
has shown lots of ISOC traffic flowing, apparently successfuly from the
camera to the BBB, which makes me suspect a problem closer to the
v4l2/musb boundary, but I'm still reading into the code. If you would
like to investigate that further, the C270 is rather affordable, but I
will gladly provide any details, usbmon captures etc. that you require.

Cheers,

Joel Pepper