Re: Error reading USB camera in BeagleBone with ARM Debian

On Fri, Oct 19, 2018 at 07:48:20PM +0200, Josep M. Mirats Tur wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Yes, this would be the link:
> http://shop-orbbec3d-com.3dcartstores.com/Astra-Mini_p_40.html

Okay, It is about $160, a bit more than my bugdet...

> In the meanwhile I'll check my application with other board.
>
> Do you think there might be a problem with the processor frequency?
> I've also crossing e-mails with ORBBEC engineers, and their only
> answer has been to suggest using an ARM processor capable of 1.8GHz
> Beagle is capable of 1GHz
> But I can not see why is this so important as long as USB is well
> synchronized and interrupts and driver work well. (Actually I'm not
> familiar with ARM USB system, is just intuition)

I guess the cpu clock requirement is only to ensure the whole system is
capable to process the usb packets, depending on the image resolution,
fps, and any other data processing. But lower cpu clock shouldn't cause
such problem that the usb controller generates rx interrupt but fifo has
no usb packet. If ARM cannot keep up, which doesn't send IN requests on
time, the camera should just drop data.

Do you know what is the usb throughput required in your test case? for
example image format, resolution, frame rate? Is the usb data transfer
bulk or isoch?

Regards,
-Bin.