Re: USB-C Devices only show up if connected at boot

Am Mittwoch, den 24.01.2018, 09:36 +0000 schrieb Mike Lothian:

> I've played around with this some more, if the device is connected
> after boot nothing shows when it's plugged in
>
> I did however get more messages out when I disconnected the device
> after booting with it (see attached)

That is the normal case of PCI disconnect of XHCI and Thunderbolt
stuff. It confirms that you have the Intel chipsets that does
a PCI disconnect while nothing is plugged in.

This really needs PCI hotplugging to work.
Could you activate dynamic debugging for PCI and ACPI?

You might, if your BIOS is crap, try only native hotplug
with ACPI hotplug disabled.

	Regards
		Oliver