Re: Random xHCI HC died on device disconnect

Hi Mathias,

On 10/4/2017 3:46 PM, Mathias Nyman wrote:
> On 03.10.2017 18:27, Kristian Evensen wrote:
>> On Tue, Oct 3, 2017 at 4:51 PM, Kristian Evensen
>> <kristian.evensen@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> This is the xhci->cmd_timer (delayed work) that has a five second timeout
> for the currently processing command on the command ring.
> When triggered it will abort the current command by stopping the command ring
> and remove/move past the current command.
>
> Logs shows the command first timed out, and xhci then failing to stop the command ring.
> when trying to abort the command.
>
> To me it looks like xHC ends up in a state that we can't recover from without resetting xHC.
> xhci Module reload or rebinding device and driver is needed
>
> -Mathias

Should we register an atomic_notifier chain to notify on usb_hc_died?
This will allow platform glue drivers to recover from this state by
re-initializing the xHC/PHYs.

> --

The Qualcomm Innovation Center, Inc. is a member of the Code Aurora Forum,
a Linux Foundation Collaborative Project