Re: Random xHCI HC died on device disconnect

Hi,

On Tue, Oct 3, 2017 at 11:16 AM, Kristian Evensen
<kristian.evensen@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Messing with the driver is no problem :) Thanks for this pointer, I am
> testing stopping the timer now and will let you know how it goes.

Disabling the timer caused a different error to be triggered. Instead
of "HC died...", I now get the following message looping over and
over:

[16870.871935] qmi_wwan 4-1:1.4: Tx URB error: -19

Another difference from before is that the modem does not get
disconnected from host, i.e., it is still visible in lsusb. Trying to
for example deauthorize the device just hangs, which I guess is as
expected. Is there any way to clear the TX queue, but not halt the hc?
I am not familiar with the xhci-code, but it seems that
xhci_kill_endpoint_urbs does something similar to what I want. Perhaps
it is possible to change the watchdog to flush queue, but not kill
controller.

A soft reboot, as expected, solved the issue. I guess the soft reboot
indicates that this problem should be solvable without a reboot. I
found open Marvell's 4.4 kernel during the afternoon and see that they
power down/up phy during suspend/resumse. I will try to use that for
inspiration and see what happens.

-Kristian