Re: First bulk write often doesn't seem to reach device.

[quoted lines by Alan Stern on 2009/03/23 at 09:59 -0400]

>It could be that the device's endpoint toggle is set wrong.  If that's
>the case, the problem might be fixable by doing a clear-halt before
>writing any bulk data.

It wasn't that. The symptoms remain exactly the same.

>If that doesn't fix the problem, there is of course a simple
>work-around: Write a 0-length message before starting your real output.

That did it. Is it okay for the buffer address to be NULL?

What kind of problem does this action clear? It seems to be related to
operations on the device before it was last closed. usbmon shows exactly the
same operations after the open in the cases where it does and doesn't work.
I've found which high-level action in the prewvious use of the device seems to
trigger the problem, but, so far, I've been unable to relate it to a unique
low-level sequence of events. I'll keep searching, but, perhaps, an idea of
what a zero-length write might clear would be helpful.

EMail: dave@xxxxxxxxx | Canada  K2A 1H7   | 2011 Oct 21 is the End of the World.