Re: S4 hang with uvcvideo causing "Unlink after no-IRQ? Controller is probably using the wrong IRQ."

On 11:30 Wed 11 Mar 2009, Alan Stern wrote:
> On Tue, 10 Mar 2009, Brandon Philips wrote:
> > First observation: I can't reproduce this bug with console=ttyS0,115200
> > console=tty0. Everything works great actually. Is writing to the serial
> > port causing just enough delay to hide the bug?
>
> Maybe it is, maybe it isn't.  There's no way to know at present.
>
> If you can't reproduce the bug when using a serial console, how did you
> acquire the system log you posted earlier?  Network console?

Yes, I used netconsole.

> > /sys/power/disk tests
> > ---------------------
> > testproc	# OK
> > test		# Unlink after no-IRQ? ...
> > platform	# Unlink after no-IRQ? ...
> > reboot		# Unlink after no-IRQ? ...
> > shutdown	# Unlink after no-IRQ? ...
>
> Okay, so "test" is the thing to use.  Although since your system hangs,
> it doesn't make much difference...
>
> The next thing to try is to make sure the bug is still present with the
> lastest development kernel.  That would be 2.6.29-rc7 together with
>
> http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/gregkh/gregkh-2.6/gregkh-all-2.6.29-rc7.patch
>
> If it is then we'll have to try some diagnostic patches to find out
> what's going wrong.

It still locks up with "Unlink after no-IRQ" with -rc7 + greg's patches
and test in /sys/power/disk.

One of the times when I booted up this new Kernel I got some errors out
of ehci_hcd/khubd: http://ifup.org/~philips/467317/khubd.timeout It only
happened on that boot and I haven't seen those ehci_hcd/khubd errors
again since.

Thanks,

	Brandon