Re: S4 hang with uvcvideo causing "Unlink after no-IRQ? Controller is probably using the wrong IRQ."

On Tue, 10 Mar 2009, Brandon Philips wrote:

> First observation: I can't reproduce this bug with console=ttyS0,115200
> console=tty0. Everything works great actually. Is writing to the serial
> port causing just enough delay to hide the bug?

Maybe it is, maybe it isn't.  There's no way to know at present.

If you can't reproduce the bug when using a serial console, how did you
acquire the system log you posted earlier?  Network console?

> /sys/power/disk tests
> ---------------------
> testproc	# OK
> test		# Unlink after no-IRQ? ...
> platform	# Unlink after no-IRQ? ...
> reboot		# Unlink after no-IRQ? ...
> shutdown	# Unlink after no-IRQ? ...

Okay, so "test" is the thing to use.  Although since your system hangs,
it doesn't make much difference...

The next thing to try is to make sure the bug is still present with the
lastest development kernel.  That would be 2.6.29-rc7 together with

http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/gregkh/gregkh-2.6/gregkh-all-2.6.29-rc7.patch

If it is then we'll have to try some diagnostic patches to find out
what's going wrong.

Alan Stern