Re: Question: Does usbip support USB 3.0?

On 03/07/2017 01:52 AM, Yuyang Du wrote:
Hi Greg,

On Mon, Mar 06, 2017 at 11:05:47AM +0100, Greg KH wrote:
I did the experiment. Our device "requires" that the SUPER_SPPED be used.
So, we are attempting to add SUPER_SPEED support to usbip. To assess the
effort, could you please give us some pointers on how to do it? And what
are the difficulties?

As others have pointed out, you will have to change the code to do this,
and it will be easier if you only need a speed change, and not streams.
But why do you really need a speed indicator?  What happens if you just
report that the device is "high speed" to the host instead?  It should
not affect the transmit speeds, right?

I don't understand how to just "report" the device as "high speed". Doesn't
the device specify which speed? Moreover, it seems the device doesn't compromise
on speed - when I inserted it into a USB 2.0 port, it doesn't work.

Does dmesg says sth why new device cannot be enumerated?

If it' not some "top secret" device maybe try to send us descriptors (lsusb -vd VID:PID)?

Best regards,
--
Krzysztof Opasiak
Samsung R&D Institute Poland