Re: [patch 00/12] musb mess

Hello.

David Brownell wrote:

Yes, there were conflicts caused by several people working on the same issue. But unfortunately, they don't boil down to only that. The recent conflict was entirely caused by your authoritarian manner of dealing with others' patches,

Or perhaps your tendancy to argue at the drop of a hat?

   Save on using idomatics on me, I can't understand all of that. :-)

(Which folk have noted to me off-line...)

I don't care what and who noted to you offline. Let this folk speak that to me in the face.

That's not often a productive path to collaboration.

   What else could I do to stop your unwanted changes?

At best it gets tiring.

   You are getting me tired too.

Notice that your responses can be pretty "authoritarian".

Authoritarin or not, my responses are only reactions to your authoritarian *actions* that you're trying to get me to accept forcefully, just because of your position as the effective MUSB maintaiber (or I don't know how else to name your current status).

And that certain feedback you have refused to address,
like patch comments obfuscating the actual changes.

If you mean endpoint_disable() fix, I've addressed them (and explained why the original description turned out to be deficient) but I certainly isn't going to rewrite the whole patch description more to your likes.

Part of the role of a patch wrangler (or integrator) is
sometimes to fix patches from other folk.  It's a normal

It was the first time in my whole Linux "career" that I saw such intrusive, uncalled for (and somethimes plain wrong) changes done by any maintainer, let alone by any voilunteering "patch wrangler".

part of the process.  I'm sorry if you don't like that;
but you need to cope with being on the receiving end of
that just like everyone else does (including me).

   I'm not going to cope with the changes that IMO are changes for the worse.

- Dave

WBR, Sergei