Re: [patch 00/12] musb mess

On Wednesday 25 February 2009, Sergei Shtylyov wrote:

>    Yes, there were conflicts caused by several people working on the
> same issue. But unfortunately, they don't boil down to only that. The
> recent conflict was entirely caused by your authoritarian manner of
> dealing with others' patches,

Or perhaps your tendancy to argue at the drop of a hat?
(Which folk have noted to me off-line...)  That's not
often a productive path to collaboration.  At best it
gets tiring.

Notice that your responses can be pretty "authoritarian".

And that certain feedback you have refused to address,
like patch comments obfuscating the actual changes.

Part of the role of a patch wrangler (or integrator) is
sometimes to fix patches from other folk.  It's a normal
part of the process.  I'm sorry if you don't like that;
but you need to cope with being on the receiving end of
that just like everyone else does (including me).

- Dave