Re: [RFC] usb: gadget: uvc: webcam gadget USB PID is using value from a different gadget

Hi,

Greg KH <greg@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

>> > Heh, true, but I thought lsusb would use a string if the device provided
>> > it.  Haven't looked at that portion of the code in a very long time...
>> >

>> My lsusb shows separate strings (using usbutils from slackware64-current):
>>
>> Bus 004 Device 003: ID 1d6b:0102 Linux Foundation EEM Gadget
>>   idVendor           0x1d6b Linux Foundation
>>   idProduct          0x0102 EEM Gadget
>>   bcdDevice            4.07
>>   iManufacturer           1 Linux Foundation
>>   iProduct                2 Webcam gadget
>
> Ah, I guess it doesn't, but who knows how old that version of usbutils
> is, considering the last release I did was well over a year ago.  I
> should do a new one one of these days...
>
> Anyway, I'd like to not assign a product id to a chunk of code that is
> going to be eventually deleted.  Felipe, what's the plan for the
> "legacy" gadget code.  Is it ever going away?

Well, I wasn't really planning on deleting them just stopped accepting
any new one. I wanted to avoid angry mobs complaining about not having a
g_mass_storage.ko anymore.

Personally, I don't feel strongly about the legacy gadget
drivers. They're not really needed anymore as everything they do can be
done with configfs already. Perhaps we could schedule their removal for
v5.0?

--
balbi