Re: [RFC] usb: gadget: uvc: webcam gadget USB PID is using value from a different gadget

Dne 23.1.2017 v 12:32 Greg KH napsal(a):

>>> For class devices, they really don't need a new id, we should just use
>>> only one of them as it doesn't matter :)

So using 0106 "Composite gadget: ACM + Mass Storage" or 0104 "Multifunction Composite Gadget" should be fine? (my actual setup is not multifunction though).

I'm actually trying to catch bug, when using configfs access webcam does not work or kernel oopses (and webcam does not work) :-D.

>> fine by me. Just lsusb will look funky ;-)
>
> Heh, true, but I thought lsusb would use a string if the device provided
> it.  Haven't looked at that portion of the code in a very long time...

My lsusb shows separate strings (using usbutils from slackware64-current):

Bus 004 Device 003: ID 1d6b:0102 Linux Foundation EEM Gadget
  idVendor           0x1d6b Linux Foundation
  idProduct          0x0102 EEM Gadget
  bcdDevice            4.07
  iManufacturer           1 Linux Foundation
  iProduct                2 Webcam gadget

Best regards,
Petr