Re: RNDIS regression

On Thursday 19 February 2009, Radek Polak wrote:
> i have all these patches included (they are also in openmoko git).
> It must be some other problem.

I'd look first at the S3C UDC driver you're using ...

Your log didn't show anything particularly odd or interesting.
A USB-level trace log (via CATC, Beagle, or whatever) might be
more informative about what's really going on.  Getting useful
diagnostics out of MS-Windows tends to be hopeless to anyone
not doing driver development on that platform.

The RNDIS code seems to be behaving with the dual-speed musb_hdrc
driver (or at least, I've not heard any problem reports recently),
which makes me think the upper layers of that stack are mostly OK.

While it's possible that there's some bug in the musb_hdrc code
which hides a bug in the gadget network interface stack, a simpler
hypothesis is that the S3C UDC code has some problem which has
recently been exposed by the gadget stack updates.

- Dave