Re: RNDIS regression

Gadiyar wrote:
-----Original Message-----
From: linux-usb-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:linux-usb-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Radek Polak
Sent: Thursday, February 19, 2009 7:20 PM
To: dbrownell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; linux-usb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RNDIS regression

Hi,
i have been using my Neo Freerunner to connect to WinXP computer.
This was working just fine with 2.6.24, but not working anymore
in 2.6.28 and 2.6.29. First WinXP immediately rebooted, now they
stay alive, but USB networking is still not working.

The network adapter under WinXP does not appear after
connecting USB and in Device drivers it first appears ok, but
after one second it appears with yellow "!" saying that
"this device cannot be started (code 10)".

I am attaching my dmesg log with loglevel 9 and with debugging
swtiched on in rndis.c

Is this known issue? Several people already reported this on
openmoko lists. I will be glad to provide more info if needed.

There were three patches to fix a similar issue (gether-rndis + WinXP):

1. http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux-2.6.git;a=commitdiff;h=ff3495052af48f7a2bf7961b131dc9e161dae19c
2. http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux-2.6.git;a=commitdiff;h=9c264521a9f836541c122b00f505cfd60cc5bbb5
And
3. http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux-2.6.git;a=commitdiff;h=7c12414955e9b44a3e33d54e578bf008caa4475d

#1 fixes the bluescreen issue, but you still get the yellow exclamation.

#3 made it to mainline a little later than #1 and #2, and you might be missing this.

Hope this helps,
Anand

Hi Anand,
i have all these patches included (they are also in openmoko git).
It must be some other problem.

Radek