Re: What is TDI in ehci_is_TDI()

On Thursday 05 February 2009, Julie Zhu wrote:
> The part worries me is that in ehci_reset():
>
> if (ehci_is_TDI(ehci))
>         tdi_reset (ehci);
>
> And in tdi_reset(), it accesses a USBMOD register, which is not EHCI
> defined.
>
> Can someone clarify the correct way to implement the driver for an EHCI
> compliant host controller with transaction translator? Since the USBMOD
> register is not EHCI specified, we are not going to have that. Have I
> missed something?

You'd have to check docs for the TDI/ARC/ChipIdea/... core,
to see how it defines that extension.

Note that as I implied earlier, I was told there's a patent
on some part of that "obvious" design.  I'd sure hope that
if Xilinx is packaging an EHCI that doesn't need a companion
controller (or external highspeed hub) to talk to full/low
speed hardware, it's on top of such issues.

Any patents would not apply to the interface, as far as I
understand things.  Or copyrights.  :)

- Dave