Re: add URB_ZERO_PACKET in transfer_flags for usb-skeleton.c

Hi Oliver and Greg

>> > Yes, Based on the skeleton driver, I made a bulk driver with
>> > URB_ZERO_PACKET and
>> > it works fine both my notebook(ubuntu 15.04/kernel 3.19) and my target
>> > board(Embedded Linux/kernel 2.6)
>> > With the bulk driver, I am developing USB logging daemon.
>>
>> That's great.  But, the biggest problem with the skeleton driver is
>> that it is not really needed anymore.  Very rarely do we need to ever
>> write a new USB driver these days.  Things like a "USB logging daemon"
>> using bulk endpoints can be easier to write in userspace using libusb,
>> and have it work on all operating systems.  Kernel USB drivers are a
>> rare thing for brand new types of devices anymore, which is nice.

My target board(kernel 2.6) does not support libusb because there is
no USB_DEVICEFS config (long long ago kernel USB config).
That's why I made a bulk driver based on skeleton driver for USB logging daemon.

> Well, that is not very helpful. The driver is there for the cases
> an example is needed. Unless you want to remove it, it better
> be as good as possible.
>
> And then it is true that with URB_ZERO_PACKET we are closer to the
> standard, which in an example is better.
> The main point is that in an example we cannot use a flag without
> a comment explaining what it does.

That's my point. It will be helpful example using the flag with a comment.

>         Regards
>                 Oliver

thanks,
jaejoong