Re: add URB_ZERO_PACKET in transfer_flags for usb-skeleton.c

On Fri, Dec 09, 2016 at 12:09:46AM +0900, Jae Joong Kim wrote:
> > Do you have a driver that was based on this skeleton that needed this
> > flag to be added to work properly?  Has it been updated in the kernel
> > source tree properly for it?
> >

> Yes, Based on the skeleton driver, I made a bulk driver with
> URB_ZERO_PACKET and
> it works fine both my notebook(ubuntu 15.04/kernel 3.19) and my target
> board(Embedded Linux/kernel 2.6)
> With the bulk driver, I am developing USB logging daemon.

That's great.  But, the biggest problem with the skeleton driver is
that it is not really needed anymore.  Very rarely do we need to ever
write a new USB driver these days.  Things like a "USB logging daemon"
using bulk endpoints can be easier to write in userspace using libusb,
and have it work on all operating systems.  Kernel USB drivers are a
rare thing for brand new types of devices anymore, which is nice.

good luck with your driver,

greg k-h