Re: Issue with Telit LE922 and cdc_mbim

Daniele Palmas <dnlplm@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

> it turned out that resetting the interface in cdc_ncm_init after
> getting the NTB parameters removes the need for the sleep, making the
> modem to work fine.

Sounds very good, although I must admit that it isn't perfectly clear to
me what kind of reset we're talking about here.  But no worries, the
patch will make that clear :)

> I wonder if this is an acceptable solution and can be applied also for MC7455.

Quite possible.  I will definitely test it.  If we can avoid an
arbitrary and pointless delay, then that's great.  But I guess this also
requires testing with a wide range of other MBIM devices to find out if
we can apply it unconditionally without breaking anything. Avoiding
device-specific or vendor-specific code is important in a class driver,
if possible.

Bjørn