Re: Issue with Telit LE922 and cdc_mbim

Daniele Palmas <dnlplm@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

> The problem is in cdc_ncm, function cdc_ncm_bind_common, line
>
> usleep_range(10000, 20000);
>
> It seems that LE922 needs an higher timeout; changing the line to
>
> usleep_range(70000, 80000);
>
> makes the modem to work fine.

Extremely interesting!  As you probably noticed, that delay was recently
added as a workaround for the same problem on Sierra Wireless EM7455
modems.  I believe these are based on the Qualcomm MDM9230.  Which
chipset is the LE922 based on?  Is it also one of the newer Qualcom
chips?

> I will submit a patch for this.

Thanks. It would also be great if you could trigger some investigation
into the actual firmware issue.  It looks like the firmware returns
control to the driver before it's actually ready at this point of
initialisation.

Bjørn