Re: [RFC] pass sg lists to HCDs if supported

Alan Stern wrote:
> On Tue, 3 Feb 2009, David Vrabel wrote:
>
>>> Ah, but you're forgetting the possibile cases in which the controller
>>> doesn't support DMA.
>> I don't think it's useful to speculate on possible hardware.  If
>> hardware like this is produced then we can revisit this.
>
> What do you mean?  Of course hardware like this exists, and Linux
> contains drivers for it.  Otherwise there would be no reason for the
> code to be written the way it is.

Too clarify, there is no hardware that a) supports scatter-gather in
hardware and b) doesn't support DMA at all times.

Anyway, the sensible thing to do is for usbcore to /not/ map the
scatterlist and leave that up to the HCD.

David
--
David Vrabel, Senior Software Engineer, Drivers
CSR, Churchill House, Cambridge Business Park,  Tel: +44 (0)1223 692562