From: David Vrabel [mailto:david.vrabel@xxxxxxx]
Sent: Tue 1/27/2009 9:09 PM
To: Eyal Reizer
Cc: linux-usb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; eyalreizer@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Problem Using cables unlimitted USB-WIRELESS dongles on linuxkernel 2.6.28.2

Eyal Reizer wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have an ubuntu machine running kernel version 2.6.28.2

UWB and Wireless USB support is sufficiently experimental still that I
would advise that you use the latest git tree.

> When I connect a cables unlimitted wireless USB module it enumarates
> correctly (see the last message displayed):

I'm not familiar with this device.  Is it part of a HWA/DWA (Wireless
USB hub) pair?  If so, be aware that DWAs are not yet supported.

> Jan 27 17:54:34 eyalr-desktop kernel: [117552.743180] uwb_rc uwb0: new
> uwb radio controller (mac 02:00:00:00:2b:1f dev f7:5d) on usb 5-3:1.1
>
> I now activate the scan using the following command:
>
> echo 13 0 > /sys/class/uwb_rc/uwb0/scan
>
> and I get the following error messages:
>
> Jan 27 17:56:42 eyalr-desktop kernel: [117680.736070] uwb_rc uwb0:
> Beacon Received Notification: Not enough data to decode IEs (25 vs 6185
> bytes needed)

It's likely that this device doesn't use the standard HWA event format
but that specified by WHCI.  Try adding your device to the table in
drivers/uwb/hwa-rc.c with .driver_info = WUSB_QUIRK_WHCI_CMD_EVT.

David
--
David Vrabel, Senior Software Engineer, Drivers
CSR, Churchill House, Cambridge Business Park,  Tel: +44 (0)1223 692562