Re: USB HID problem

HI,

On Fri, Jul 22, 2016 at 12:57 PM, Alan Stern <stern@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> They come from the xHCI hardware.

I'd suggest a comment referencing the spec then :)

> /* Completion Code - only applicable for some types of TRBs */
> #define COMP_CODE_MASK (0xff << 24)
> #define GET_COMP_CODE(p) (((p) & COMP_CODE_MASK) >> 24)

> No thread handles the command; it is handled by the xHCI hardware.

That explains the obscurity.  :(

> Clearly, in your case the computation is done wrongly.  But it's not so
> easy to tell why or to know how to fix the problem.

Only Gigabyte knows for sure.  Can a firmware update fix it, or is
it permanently burned into the controller chips?  I will ask 'em and
hold my breath for an answer.

> What happened with the iommu workaround?

Nothing I have tried has been successful.  Enabled or disabled with
GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX setting for iommu set to "pt" or "soft" (or
omitted all together) yielding 6 alternates with the same results:
    "Nope.  Not going to do it."

I guess I could cripple my OS and run 32 bit, but that might waste
some of my 32GB of RAM.  Naw.  That ain't happening.  Maybe
it's time for another mother board.  It's 4 years old, but there's still
plenty of power with 8-3.5GHz threads and 32GB of DDR3-1600.