USB HID problem

A few questions:

1. Where do the values for TRB completion codes come from?
    COMP_BW_ERR and COMP_2ND_BW_ERR seem to be defined
    and then only used in a switch statement.

2.  xhci_queue_configure_endpoint() seems to be the function for
    sending down a command that somehow loads the "BW_ERR"
    code into command->status asynchronously.  What thread
    handles the command dispatch after queue_command() has
    queued it?  Finding it seems a little obscure.

I want to look into two things:

How is bandwidth computed?  Is it possible that a USB3 hub's capacity
is interpreted as its bandwidth requirement and that devices plugged into
it then _augment_ required bandwidth instead of reducing available hub
capacity?

Secondly, if that is too hard to figure out, then, yes, I want to disable the
bandwidth limitations for my computer.  Not a general solution, but at this
point, whatever works, works.