Re: usb-serial remembers termios settings between device replugs

On Mon, Jul 11, 2016 at 09:24:06PM +0200, Jan Kundrát wrote:
> (I'm not on the linux-usb ML, so please Cc me on replies.)
>
> Hi,
> I found out that unplugging and plugging back an USB-to-serial converter
> such as pl2303 is not enough to undo all changes to termios which were
> performed from userspace. One has to remove the usb-serial module because
> that's where the remembering appears to take place. I'm on 4.6.2.

There is, as far as I can tell, no set of "default" termios values for
any type of serial port, so the "last" set of them is as good as any,
right?

So this should be the same for any type of serial port you can
remove/add from the system, right?  PCI cards have the same issue, so I
don't think there's really anything that the kernel can do here from
what I can see.

Unless I'm missing something?

thanks,

greg k-h