Re: usb-serial remembers termios settings between device replugs

On Tuesday, 12 July 2016 01:50:59 CEST, Greg KH wrote:
There is, as far as I can tell, no set of "default" termios values for
any type of serial port, so the "last" set of them is as good as any,
right?

Each driver specifies an initial value (usb_serial_tty_driver->init_termios), and this value is not applied in this case.

So this should be the same for any type of serial port you can
remove/add from the system, right?

It seems so -- as long as the driver itself is not unloaded. That comes as a surprise to me. If it's a feature that these settings are supposed to be persistent, then IMHO they should be really saved somewhere across reboots. Right now, a module reload throws them away which suggests that the persistency spanning a device disconnect is only a side-effect of the intended persistency over open()/close() cycle.

Cheers,
Jan