Re: Minor xhci issues (failed to peer) on Dell XPS 13 9350 (Skylake)

On Wed, Jun 22, 2016 at 4:35 PM, D. Jared Dominguez
<Jared_Dominguez@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

>>> That's getting into a question can't answer other than "not currently
>>> for sale".  Read into that what you will, but I can't say more and
>>> hopefully in a few weeks it's back up.

>>> That's really surprising.  Was it just listed as not compatible on the
>>> Ubuntu version or both Ubuntu and Windows didn't have it?
>>

>> The website is very confused.
>>
>> This DA200 comes up as the first Google hit.  It's $121:
>>

>> http://accessories.ap.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=sg&l=en&s=bsd&cs=sgbsd1&sku=470-abnl
>

> That one is for the Singapore site.
>
>> It claims to be compatible with:
>>
>> Compatibility
>> This product is compatible with the following systems:
>> Latitude 11 (5175)
>> Latitude 11 (5179)
>> Precision 15 3000 Series (3510)
>> Precision 15 5000 Series (5510)
>> Precision 15 7000 Series (7510)
>> Precision 17 7000 Series (7710)
>>
>> This one comes up if I search dell.com directly or if I constrain the
>> Google search to site:accessories.dell.com:
>>

>> http://accessories.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=dhs&cs=19&sku=470-ABQN
>>
>> It only claims to be compatible with Latitude 7275.
>

> I've learned not to entirely trust the compatibility list when looking at
> our software and peripherals site.
>
>> I couldn't find the DA200 linked from the XPS13 accessories page (my
>> service tag, and mine is a Signature Edition) at all.
>

> If you look on the dell.com order configuration page, the DA200 should come
> up.
>
> Anyway, it's supported on the Skylake XPS 13 (9350). We don't support it
> with Linux _yet_ though.

Indeed. :-/

I plugged it in and plugged an HDMI display into it, and it very
loudly failed to train the DP link.  I assume it's referring to the
internal DP alternate mode link to the dongle.  Maybe it's finally
time for me to boot windows and upgrade the Alpine Ridge firmware...

--Andy