Re: Minor xhci issues (failed to peer) on Dell XPS 13 9350 (Skylake)

On 03/12/2016 02:33 PM, Andy Lutomirski wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 12, 2016 at 11:35 AM, Andy Lutomirski <luto@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Got it.  I was barking up the wrong tree.
>
> Q: What happens if _Q66 runs concurrently with itself:

>             Method (_Q66, 0, NotSerialized)  // _Qxx: EC Query
>             {
>                 Acquire (PATM, 0x0064)
>                 If ((ECRD != One))
>                 {
>                     Return (Zero)
>                 }
>
>                 NEVT ()
>                 Release (PATM)
>                 Return (Zero)
>             }
>
> The first one acquires PATM.  The second one fails to acquire PATM due
> to the timeout, does something potentially harmful when it reenters
> NEVT (not sure -- maybe it's fine), then blows up when it tries to
> release PATM, which it doesn't hold.
>
> --Andy
Andy,

Our team has confirmed this mistake and will issue a fix in a future
BIOS.  For now if you want to build your own DSDT to see if this is
causing your type-C problems the Release(PATM) will be inserted in the
obvious location.

FWIW this issue will affect many platforms in this generation.  (XPS
9550, XPS 9350, Precision 5510, and more)

Thanks