Re: Fwd: Downloading tracks from gps via usb

The only reference I can find to usb in a search of the strace output is:

0.001723 stat("usb:", 0x7ffe93f30be0) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)

Yes from what Manfred says it seems likely that the ubuntu
distribution I'm using has only half the hotplug fix implemented. It
does not have the additional driver problem but still has USB access
restricted to root.

Stephen