Re: Fwd: Downloading tracks from gps via usb

On Fri, 13 May 2016, Stephen Furner wrote:

> The only reference I can find to usb in a search of the strace output is:
>
> 0.001723 stat("usb:", 0x7ffe93f30be0) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
>
> Yes from what Manfred says it seems likely that the ubuntu
> distribution I'm using has only half the hotplug fix implemented. It
> does not have the additional driver problem but still has USB access
> restricted to root.

There ought to be at least one mention of that error message you
received.  If you find it, you can look backwards from there.  But
there may be other reasons why it doesn't show up.  For example, the
program may fork some child processes and one of these children might
be the source of the error.

Anyway, fixing the file permissions is probably the right approach.

Alan Stern