Re: Probelm simulating usb-ethernet controller in gadget/ether.c

On Friday 16 January 2009, Mandeep Sandhu wrote:
> On connecting the device to the Host, I get the following:
>
> musb_hdrc periph: enabled ep2in for int IN, dma, maxpacket 16
> musb_hdrc periph: enabled ep1in for bulk IN, dma, maxpacket 512
> musb_hdrc periph: enabled ep1out for bulk OUT, dma, maxpacket 512
> usb0: high speed config #2: 100 mA, Ethernet Gadget, using RNDIS
>

> 1. How can I ascertain that the enumeration has happened properly?

You know it happened, because the SET_CONFIGURATION is the last
step of enumeration ... and that's what triggered that message
about "high speed config #2".

However, that's using RNDIS instead of CDC Ethernet ("ECM"), so
something looks odd (since you're trying to use CDC Ethernet).

> 2. From the above log, does it match the endpoint config as shown by
>   the spec-sheet? I'm confused because EP1 should be interrupt, but
>   log's showing it as BULK!...or this doesn't matter.

I have no idea what spec sheet you're looking at.  Clearly it
does not apply to the Ethernet gadget as implemented on the
N810 ... which can support 30 endpoints other than ep0, and
any number of configurations and interfaces.  If it chooses
to assign endpoints using Fibonacci numbers (ep0, ep1out,
ep1in, ep2in, ...), N^2 sequences, N^3 sequences, primes,
or any scheme it likes, the host should handle it be just
looking at the endpoint descriptors.

Your USB host seems to have a few problems ... if it's trying
to configure CDC Ethernet, it should not be using the RNDIS
configuration.  Maybe you'd have better luck disabling RNDIS
in your kernel configuration, and only giving it the option
to enable CDC Ethernet (or not).  It's probably hard to get
such a simple choice wrong.  :)

- Dave