Re: Probelm simulating usb-ethernet controller in gadget/ether.c

> Your USB host seems to have a few problems ... if it's trying
> to configure CDC Ethernet, it should not be using the RNDIS
> configuration.  Maybe you'd have better luck disabling RNDIS
> in your kernel configuration, and only giving it the option
> to enable CDC Ethernet (or not).  It's probably hard to get
> such a simple choice wrong.  :)

Ok. So I disabled RNDIS support from my gadget driver (while building
the module).

Here are the new logs:

usb0: Ethernet Gadget, version: May Day 2005
usb0: using musb_hdrc, OUT ep1out IN ep1in STATUS ep2in
usb0: MAC 9e:06:cb:e0:8a:37
usb0: HOST MAC fa:eb:60:0c:15:1c
musb_hdrc periph: enabled ep2in for int IN, dma, maxpacket 16
usb0: qlen 10
usb0: high speed config #1: 100 mA, Ethernet Gadget, using CDC Ethernet

Not much change except that now it says it's using CDC Ethernet.

I thought that the host might be looking for a specific Vendor/Product ID. So
I changed that in the usb_device_descriptor. But that did not help (I wasn't
expecting it to, since if there was a problem on the host side, the enum process
would've failed).

So where do I look now? Is something failing or is it a case of misconfiguration
where the Host is not able to send packets over the link?

I tried using lsusb to see if it shows anything, but it didn't.

How do I proceed further to debug this issue?

Thanks,
-mandeep