Re: PROBLEM: Mouse connected to USB-3 stopped working 2.6.38->39 regression

Alan Stern <stern@...> writes:

> On Sun, 10 Apr 2016, Peter Hurley wrote:

> > > What do you mean by low-latency kernel?  I'm not aware of any
> > > low-latency patches.
> > >
> > > There is the RT series, of course.  But it's for bounded latency, not
> > > low latency.  And as far as I know, it's not available for 4.5.
> >
> > low-latency kernel is a packaged Ubuntu alternate kernel configured as
> > CONFIG_PREEMPT=y + CONFIG_HZ=1000.
> >
> > The stock Ubuntu kernel is CONFIG_PREEMPT_VOLUNTARY=y + CONFIG_HZ=250.
>
> You can probably just copy the .config you're using now; it should be
> supplied as part of the Ubuntu package.  You'd have to make a few
> adjustments for the differences between 4.2 and 4.5 but they wouldn't
> be very extensive.
>
> Alan Stern
>
> --

For the time being I have edited the hub.c file in the 4.2 source code as
per your patch. Then I took my "low latency" config file and edited it to
allow modulization of the usb drivers (although it seems like I might not
need to remove or blacklist the xhci driver after all), and I am now
compiling the source.  Hopefully later tonight or tomorrow morning I should
be able to install and have my problem fixed.