Re: TODO List For Linux USB

On Tue, Feb 16, 2016 at 10:43 PM, Anil Nair <anilcoll90@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Wed, Feb 17, 2016 at 12:00 PM, Greg KH <gregkh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> On Wed, Feb 17, 2016 at 11:47:56AM +0530, Anil Nair wrote:
>>> Hi All,
>>>
>>> I would like to contribute to Linux USB kernel but i am confused on
>>> where to start,
>>
>> If you don't know where to start, or what to do, why do you want to
>> contribute?
>
> Because I have been on mailing list for quite a long time, I wanted to
> contribute something back to the community.
>
>>> If possible can you guys guide me regarding where to find the TODO
>>> list, so that I can start on with small patches.
>>
>> Run it, stress it, find problems, and start solving them.  Read the
>> mailing list traffic and notice what others have problems with and work
>> on solving them.
>
> Most issues are beyond my scope it requires more experience at
> hardware level. Anyways i will observe and learn.

That's why starting with drivers may not be a good idea because it
almost always requires some knowledge of hardware.

Have you read the USB spec? Do you know the USB driver stack? If not,
there is little chance you can do real contributions.

Try something hardware-unrelated, like file system or mm...

Thanks,
Andiry