Re: USB sniffer? (devel)

Am 2008-12-26 10:40:01, schrieb Pete Zaitcev:
> The usbmon is useful, but keep in mind that it only shows a higher
> level overview of transfers that kernel does. So you will not see
> SOF and NAK frames for example. If you have trouble with your UPS-like
> device not working, it may need some traces generated by its own
> firmware. I understand that may be tough if you don't have enough
> RAM in the device, but c'est la vie.

Currently it is NO problem, since I use a SAM9263 with enough SDRAM for
testing, but the final version will run on a SAM7

> Alan Stern once posted a very useful sheet to decode the usbmon's
> output, I saved it here:
>  http://people.redhat.com/zaitcev/notes/usb_stern_cheat.txt

I hope it will help me...

Question:  How can I determiner how many memory Linux is sucking?

I have the question because I have  build  the  PDU  program  as  kernel
module and modified INIT to load a function stored in the Kernel  Module
and then enter an endless loop which  collect  the  data  from  the  I²C
devices, store them for further usage...

The further usage is the Request from the Host, e.g.  NUT  (Network  UPS
Tools) and pull it out as USBHID-PDU.

OK it is a "gadget" driver but I have problems  to  get  the  PDU  stuff
running. Can you give me some hints or even links to sources from others
where I can get ideas?

Note:   The WHOLE kernel on my "24V DC modular ATX PSU" has arround
        389 kB.  Could the kernel striped down to run on  a  512 kB
        Flash plus 64kB SRAM and being  executed  directly  without
        using the RAM?

Thanks, Greetings and nice Day/Evening
    Michelle Konzack
    Systemadministrator
    24V Electronic Engineer
    Tamay Dogan Network
    Debian GNU/Linux Consultant

<http://www.tamay-dogan.net/>               <http://www.can4linux.org/>
+49/177/9351947    50, rue de Soultz         MSN LinuxMichi
+33/6/61925193     67100 Strasbourg/France   IRC #Debian (irc.icq.com)