Re: [patch 2.6.28-final +gregkh-04-usb] build fixes

On Thursday 25 December 2008, Alan Stern wrote:
> I guess it was never made clear that this needed to be pushed to Linus
> because it fixed problems in the mainline kernel.  Sorry about the
> mixup.

I'm not sure how much of that is in the "not yet used by
mainline" category you mentioned in your fix-misspellings
patch, though.  Maybe none of it.  The spelling bugs are
certainly in mainline.

Clearly there's an issue in Greg's current patch queue;
I didn't know that fix-misspellings patch existed, and
it seems to fix some of the issues coming from the patch
that starts to use those symbols.

Do you just want to provide an update to that patch of
yours (usb-enhance-usage-of-pm_message_t.patch) which
seems to be the proximate cause of the build bugs?

- Dave