Re: [4.4-rc1 regression] pxa27x_udc and suspend/resume

Hi,

Robert Jarzmik <robert.jarzmik@xxxxxxx> writes:
> Felipe Balbi <balbi@xxxxxx> writes:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> this could be a bug in either g_ether or pxa27x... Seems like something
>> is enabling endpoints which were already enabled. Not sure if this is
>> pxa27x not _really_ disabling endpoints or g_ether being stupid.
> You're probably right.
> From what I remember, g_ether is enabling already enabled endpoints upon resume,
> but that memory is pretty thin and goes back to 2008 when I created the driver,
> so I'm not sure anymore.
>
>> yeah, so something is not disabling endpoints when they should :-) So
>> this could be a bug with your suspend/resume callbacks. If you're going
>> to disconnect from the bus, you need to tell the gadget driver about it,
>> which means after disabling pullups, you should call
>> gadget_driver->disconnect().
> Okay.
>
>> Can you see if this *stupid* and *untested* diff helps :
> ...zip...
> Yes it does. I don't understand why, but it does fix it, and the logs "already
> enabled" are still gone. I wasn't aware that a disconnect was required in the
> suspend, nor did I see it in another udc driver (in 2008 of course).

it's not required on suspend :-) It's required because you disconnect
data pullups and, essentially, disconnected from the bus. You won't get
an IRQ for it however :-)

I'll send this as a fix tomorrow, I'm pretty much done for today. How
far back should this be backported ? Does it cover your side if we
backport to v3.10+ ?

>> I'm not 100% sure this is enough, as I'm not at all familiar with
>> pxa27x, but that driver looks hugely unmaintained.
> That would be my fault, as I'm maintaining it. That's the reason I'm seeing the
> regression. If you have on mind improvements required just say so, I'll see what
> I can do.
>
>> Which device are you using for development/test ? Is it this Mio A701 ?
> Yes it is.

cool.

>> I can't find any sources of it :-s
> What about arch/arm/mach-pxa/mioa701.c ?

I mean a real-world source (ebay, amazon, etc) :-)

--
balbi