Re: [4.4-rc1 regression] pxa27x_udc and suspend/resume

Felipe Balbi <balbi@xxxxxx> writes:

> Hi,
>
> this could be a bug in either g_ether or pxa27x... Seems like something
> is enabling endpoints which were already enabled. Not sure if this is
> pxa27x not _really_ disabling endpoints or g_ether being stupid.
You're probably right.
>From what I remember, g_ether is enabling already enabled endpoints upon resume,
but that memory is pretty thin and goes back to 2008 when I created the driver,
so I'm not sure anymore.

> yeah, so something is not disabling endpoints when they should :-) So
> this could be a bug with your suspend/resume callbacks. If you're going
> to disconnect from the bus, you need to tell the gadget driver about it,
> which means after disabling pullups, you should call
> gadget_driver->disconnect().
Okay.

> Can you see if this *stupid* and *untested* diff helps :
...zip...
Yes it does. I don't understand why, but it does fix it, and the logs "already
enabled" are still gone. I wasn't aware that a disconnect was required in the
suspend, nor did I see it in another udc driver (in 2008 of course).

> I'm not 100% sure this is enough, as I'm not at all familiar with
> pxa27x, but that driver looks hugely unmaintained.
That would be my fault, as I'm maintaining it. That's the reason I'm seeing the
regression. If you have on mind improvements required just say so, I'll see what
I can do.

> Which device are you using for development/test ? Is it this Mio A701 ?
Yes it is.

> I can't find any sources of it :-s
What about arch/arm/mach-pxa/mioa701.c ?

Cheers.

--
Robert