Re: [4.4-rc1 regression] pxa27x_udc and suspend/resume

Felipe Balbi <balbi@xxxxxx> writes:

> Hi,
>
>> Euh it's expected to work _after resume_.
>
> sure is, but you can't expect it to have a proper IP. From host's
> perspective this is a brand new usb0 network interface. Unless you have
> dhcp client running on the phone and a server on your PC, you can't
> assume it'll have IP ;-) (or statically configured, yada yada yada ;-)

On the board, it's very static, ie. in an init (think /etc/init.d/XX) file:
/sbin/ifconfig usb0 192.168.0.202 up

On the host, it's static also, but a bit more robust, as upon usb0 network
interface creation the same IP is always assigned.

Maybe the board's too "simple" assignement scheme has always been faulty
(ie. assigning only once an IP), and the recent commit revealed a long time
flaw, who knows ... if the interface is removed then added again, I might be
screwed (as the ip configuration is lost) ...

> I got that :-) My surprise is how you managed to get IP
> before. Statically configured ?
Yeah, once as I said on /init execution. That might be what is buggy, and which
I only see now ...

Cheers.

--
Robert