Re: Overly conservative xHCI bandwidth estimation

On Mon, Sep 28, 2015 at 02:32:13PM +0200, Steinar H. Gunderson wrote:
> Just so that it doesn't get lost: I've reported issues with this specific
> device and LPM not too long ago. It's entirely possible that the device
> somehow is broken, although it works in Windows 7/8/10 and OS X, from what I
> know, and at least Windows 10 uses USB3 LPM.
>
> Perhaps figuring out what's wrong with the ping timeouts would also fix this
> issue? I'm afraid I don't have any fancy USB analyzer equipment to debug
> with, though.
>
> In any case, I'll reiterate my request to turn off LPM for a specific device,
> no matter whose fault these specific issues are. :-)

Is there anything else I can do to help fixing these issues? (U1/U2 timeouts
causing disconnects, and xHCI bandwidth estimation being off.) I've been
running with CONFIG_PM=n for a while now, but it is obviously not a good
place to be for a laptop.

/* Steinar */
--
Homepage: http://www.sesse.net/