Re: PROBLEM: USB devices not appearing after upgrading 4.1.4 => 4.1.5

On 21 August 2015 at 17:39, Mathias Nyman <mathias.nyman@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>     I can't directly see what would cause it. Only theory for now is if one
> those changes left
> some port change event uncleared, blocking port status change events and
> thus maybe also
> command completion event, and thus causing timeout.
>
> If possible, could you try to bisect (or just cherry pick) the changes and
> try to find
> the one causing issues?

It's probably best I do this at my office (which I'll be back at on Monday)

> Does booting without USB3 devices help?
> Just to quickly check if it's related to the USB3 suspend/resume changes.

I did a boot without any devices plugged in, and the touchpad was dead.
Though now I'm not entirely sure the touchpad is even USB...
I think the Elan device in the lsusb output is the touchscreen rather
than the touchpad;
and then the other HID devices are 2 keyboards; and the Logitech mouse
has 2 interfaces...